Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 x 5" loaf pan.
1. Prepare your coffee. I used about 2 T of coffee grounds per cup of boiling water.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk dry ingredients together and set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter until soft and fluffy. Add sugar; beat one minute.
4. Add your eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as necessary. Add molasses and blend until thoroughly mixed.
5. Add dry ingredients; mix just until combined.
6. With mixer on low, slowly add hot coffee. Stop and scrape sides of bowl as needed. When all your coffee is mixed in, you should have a smooth, pourable batter.
7. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 45 min - 1 hour. Sides of cake should start to pull away from pan and a toothpick inserted in center should come out clean.
8. Allow to cool slightly before inverting and removing from pan. Allow to cool completely.
1. Whisk together zest, sugar, and juice. Adjust as necessary for desired consistency. Add more juice if you want it to be thinner; add more sugar if you want it thicker.
2. Drizzle over cake as desired.